Thursday, November 27, 2008

Coma. Cranberry Turkey Mashed Potatoes Coma.

Get older, wake up earlier.
I remember even last year being up before 11:30 seemed like a chore. Now I feel like I've slept way too long.
I've been having the most ridiculous dreams lately. There's always a part in them that I at least semi believe. This morning it was a dream about my place having three empty bedrooms ( that's what I believed, that would be awesome ) and living in building full of some of the cutest dressed people with the cutest apartments ever. Pink walls with little light pink hearts drawn on them. Or yellow walls with polka-dots that coordinated perfectly with their vinyl and matte bright makeup and crazy style. I did not fit in. I swear through the whole dream my clothes never matched and nothing was ever clean around me. Although, the spare rooms I had were gorgeous. Old dark wood, kind of tattered white curtains.. but the one room was up way high, circular, no walls, just screens. So much light and views and a breeze. It was like being outside, in your room. The other room had a bay window overlooking a city. No one knew I lived there til I forgot how to get into my apartment and ended up walking through everyone else's place. I only talked to one girl. She was the only other monochromatic character in the whole thing.
And throughout the whole dream I was so clumsy. I got stuck on bushes, I fell through a door, tripped up some stairs, walked into multiple homes as if they were my own, knocked over a vase, dropped anything I picked up, tore my clothes, ruined a girls shoes. Real life, I'm not that clumsy at all.
I also got into a physical altercation of sorts ( with a customer at HOT TOPIC, she broke my lanyard ), and caused a flood.


That's a lot to go through in one night.
Then real life feels so.. normal.


It's Thanksgiving. I'm going to hop in the shower, wash away dream land, and eat as much food as I possibly can handle with people that give me the appetite to live. My Mom makes the best cranberry jell-o salad ever. She's probably the best at a lot of things.
Stoked.
I could use this dose of reality.

No comments: