Wednesday, December 10, 2008

And finally,





Wow. During Christmas present extravaganza, I stopped into the liquor store to grab .... someone.... a bottle of wine. After my purchase the cashier asked me if I had tried the Canton ginger liquor.
Nope.
"It's mixed with apple cider."
I'm there.

I've had my run ins with ginger brandy a few times. Typically it starts off classy, in a cup of tea or on the rocks. 99% of the time it ends up being drank straight out of the bottle. Always a good time until the next morning.
Regardless, I'm partial to ginger. Though the sample was teeny tiny, it was amazing. It's made up of "baby ginger and VSOP Cognac."
If you've ever eaten a piece of ginger, this is what you taste. It's sweeter and completely delicious.
I grabbed one of the 5 remaining bottles and the woman beside me took two more.

I wanted two. One to gift, one for myself. I couldn't pick just one person to give it to though... So I got it for myself. ( Number one baby. ha ) And I plan on bringing it to my family's for Christmas. And flasking it to share with friends elsewhere.


If you see this in a store, pick it up. You won't be sorry. Tons of drink concoctions and it would be delicious to cook with. NOT ONLY THAT, but it comes in the prettiest bottle/box with a tiny circular drink recipe "booklet" strung by ribbon around the neck of the bottle. Every designers dream. Oh so tasteful. To the eyes and the tongue.

2 comments:

dirtyflaws said...

i think i have to try this

c. said...

aaand, you will love it. Promise.