Friday, October 17, 2008

The good half.


My Personality
Neuroticism
45
Extraversion
43
Openness to Experience
43
Agreeableness
35
Conscientiousness
3
You do not feel nervous in social situations, and have a good impression of what others think of you, however you feel strong cravings and urges that you have difficulty resisting. You tend to prefer short-term pleasures and rewards over long-term consequences. You lead a leisurely and relaxed life. You would prefer to sit back and smell the roses than indulge in high energy activities. You prefer dealing with either people or things rather than ideas. You regard intellectual exercises as a waste of your time. You are mostly a compassionate person, however you prefer to make objective judgments when possible, however you believe that a certain amount of deception in social relationships is necessary. You are guarded in new relationships and less willing to openly reveal the whole truth about yourself. You are not an overly cautious person. You will think about alternatives and consequences but make up your mind fairly quickly.

Take a Personality Test now or view the full Personality Report.

ugg boots






"You prefer dealing with either people or things rather than ideas. You regard intellectual exercises as a waste of your time."
Well that's a bit overboard.
I love ideas. This was an idea. It's my plan to put something out there before I explode.
Now define "Intellectual exercises." If we're talking math sheets and flash cards of U.S. History it's spot on.


NOW, please define Neuroticism. That always had a bad connotation in my mind. (This nice little explanation came in my email.)

Neuroticism
Overall Score 45
Anxiety 40
Anger 27
Depression 52
Self-Consciousness 22
Immoderation 81
Vulnerability 63

(Note: A score of 45 lands between anxiety and depression. I've far surpassed anger and self-consciousness)

You are generally calm, although some situations can make you feel anxious or tense. You rarely get angry and it takes a lot to make you angry. Mostly your emotions are on an even keel and you do not get depressed easily. You do not feel nervous in social situations, and have a good impression of what others think of you. You feel strong cravings and urges that you have difficulty resisting. You tend to prefer short-term pleasures and rewards over long-term consequences. High levels of stress can lead to you feeling panic or confusion, but usually you cope with day to day pressures.


Wikipedia:
Neuroticism is a fundamental personality trait in the study of psychology. It can be defined as an enduring tendency to experience negative emotional states. Individuals who score high on neuroticism are more likely than the average to experience such feelings as anxiety, anger, guilt, and clinical depression.[1] They respond more poorly to environmental stress, and are more likely to interpret ordinary situations as threatening, and minor frustrations as hopelessly difficult. They are often self-conscious and shy, and they may have trouble controlling urges and delaying gratification. Neuroticism is related to emotional intelligence, which involves emotional regulation, motivation, and interpersonal skills.[2] It is also considered to be a predisposition for traditional neuroses, such as phobias and other anxiety disorders.





After a little research, I've come to terms with it. It's not all that far off. I'm not standing on the edge threatening to inch myself off or anything, but I most certainly hand over any important documents to my parents and make them put it in english and tell me where to sign because sitting down to read and understand it .... well.. Just thinking about it makes my eyes bug out.

Here I thought people were just referring to me as crazy! Then again, chances are, they've had the same view on the term that I did though.. with little research.


So I guess they were referring to me as crazy.
Personalities.
I'm gonna take the quiz again and answer using the zig zag method and see what happens.



Ps. This thing totally called me out on being a liar. What a bitch.

No comments: