Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The big day.

Election day.
If you don't vote, you can't complain.


This feels like a sinking ship to me. Regardless of who wins, the boat is going to sink just a little bit farther before hitting rock bottom. I guess the best candidate will be the one who is most capable of picking up the pieces and reworking it into a mediocre design.

I've never been big on politics. In my mind it should work like a ying-yang. Perfect harmony. Pick the best pieces from each ones plans and run with it. Right? It seems too obvious. Much like the furniture I sell at work. It comes in pieces, it hooks together, all of the fabrics that you cover it with come off and are washable. It's so basic. It makes sense. And it works.
It's so obvious.
Demopublican. Why not? I'm sure someone out there could tell me "why not," but I'm working with utopia right now.


My stance is to vote towards someone who is better than you. Personally, (yes - I will put this on the internet for the world to see) I think George Bush is hilarious. I won't trash talk him aside for a few little things (wars just aren't my thing).
Reasoning behind it; If I were in that position, I'd be winging it too. George Bush is 100% human. Having W run the country is almost the same as throwing me in office and handing me a bowl of pretzels to see if maybe I'd choke on them as well.
Alas, my qualifications only span as far as running a store in the mall (THUS FAR). If the United States were a mall, I'm sure Georgey would've done satisfactory work.


To the point, if McCain has the same views as Bush then at most, he's a nice man with some weird, goofy antics up his sleeve. He WANTS what's best. People like him because they see themselves in him. Ditto that for Palin.
But Obama has the meat and potatoes. People like him because finally here's a guy who is ready to take on something that quite honestly, no one should want to take on. And he's doing it with confidence and a real collection. He holds himself incredibly well when people have come at him, telling him he's no good, calling him names, bringing up his relationships, etc. That is something that not most people can do with class. Believe me, I've seen it happen way too many times. Human nature, you get feel attacked, you attack back.


Barack, you've one upped me in the smoothest way possible. If I were to lose against you, I can't say I'd feel all that bad. Walk that walk and talk that talk.
Here's hoping for a bigger man than myself.

No comments: