Sunday, November 9, 2008

Hold.

I came home from Buffalo today and as I pulled in, my Mom was walking out of my house. She never comes over. Not only does she never come over, but if she does, she lets me know.
How peculiar.

I get out of my car and she says "Ohh! Hello! Dad said you wouldn't be home til later tonight or tomorrow morning.. I have a surprise for you."

"Did you clean?"


"No. But, it definitely needs to be cleaned. Come in."


I walk into my kitchen to see a fake Christmas tree with little white lights on it and a bag of my five (count em, 5) Christmas ornaments that she's been buying my brothers and I one a year of. (Technically I should have 24...)

"I got it on sale last year. I thought maybe you could use some Christmas a little early."


My Mom borders on being the best.
And I left the country for the first time in my life.
To be continued..

No comments: