Thursday, January 29, 2009

I'm not looking to "wow him."

I'm angry at every women's magazine. Excluding NYLON and any Suzie Homemaker mag.
All these magazines thrive on weak women. They thrive on low self esteem.
How to improve your sex life. How to tone your butt. How to please your man. How to impress your boss. How to wake up beautiful. How to blast the pounds away. How to look your best at the party.
Blah blah blah.

How about, how to be true to yourself? How to be grateful for what you have. How to stand out because you're not another sheep, you're a wolf. And you're gonna follow your own norms rather than societies norms.
Since when does following the trend make you look your best?
And why would I care about how "Working out leads to Making out."
Exercise, sex, sunscreen and $100 creams. I'm tired of it.

Where is the entertainment for the girls who will not settle? Who are 100% independent with no 401k plan? Who don't need to make dinner for the family? Who aren't suck-ups who want to show off to their boss because they just want to hold a job down to make sure they can pay their bills on time? Who couldn't care less about the how the trendy new blazer paired with pearl earrings and sling back shoes that make them look longer and leaner?

Where is the entertainment for the free spirits that don't need a monthly update on "try this new move in bed" or "run two extra miles this month to boost skins elasticity!"
I praise NYLON for digging up new music. "Trends" that fit into fashionista "take it as it comes to you," type things. Real reviews on products that may or may not end up in your hand at Target. And no stories on how to have the perfect french kiss after burning off 3000 calories.


This is sad. On top of sad, this is weakening women without them ever noticing.
Be true to yourself. Don't follow the norm.
Sheep.
They're all sheep thinking that what they read and what they see on the reality tv shows is how it should be.
Be the wolf. Be the one nipping at the heels of how society thinks you should be.
Live your life the way it fits you best.



I love cocktails. I hate cleaning. I like exercise 3 times out of the month. I will kiss however I want to kiss. I will wear this size large dress under my old Norma Jean hoodie with a pair of boots and a way too big puffer jacket with the pink hood because it's warm, and I'm comfortable in it. I cannot cook to save my life, but I will make a good effort. And I enjoy my time alone as well as with friends that I have no intentions of making out with. I want to travel. And experience. And not be held back.
I really like all natural products, and processed foods, and meat. I really like being out in the sun with no SPF on. And I like cheesecake. Not in moderation.


I am the wolf in the flock of sheep. Big heart, sharp teeth, free spirit. Suck it, Cosmo.

No comments: