Thursday, January 29, 2009

Storybook.

There was a time, maybe two years ago, when I found 3 dead birds. Two in my yard. One on my porch. And the one on my porch I found with a wire hanger nearby. It was there in the morning as I was leaving for work. Totally freaked me out. I spent the entire day thinking of how it got there and how I was going to get it off my porch without touching it.

It was a sparrow too. Pretty little thing. Never really see them flying around in the wild that much which made it all the more peculiar to see it on my welcome mat. When I got home, the bird was gone, the hanger was relocated to the yard.


I've never had an issue with dead birds since then. I originally thought it was a neighborhood cat trying to woo my kitten to fall in love with it by giving her presents. But the bird was perfectly whole and unscathed. Maybe someone chucked the hanger at it and stunned it onto my porch. I'll never know.

As for the other two in my yard, one was definitely a victim to a cat attack. The other simply seemed to have thrown himself into the ground. Wings were still spread in flying position.

Perhaps my home was the place for bird suicides for a while. Strange.
I have so many things going on in my head right now... Just waiting to escape onto a blank screen.

No comments: