Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I've got more up my sleeve.

When I have more than 5 dazed minutes after waking up to update, I will.
I saw a lot of good things in the ATL. A whale shark, underground mall, lots of Coke products, and of course, KING TUT.
On the flights both to and from Georgia I sat next to chemical engineer students. On the way there the kid was about to go to college for it, on the way home the two girls were seniors. How bizarre. My youngest baby brother wants to go to school for chemical engineering. Regardless, they made the flights a little more enjoyable.
Them and the old Greek man on the flight to Georgia who drank 3 beers on our hour long flight.
My kind of man.
My riding partner agreed even though he was very much underage. Tsk tsk smart boy.


Beyonce on my itunes. So distracting. How is she everywhere? Everywhere.


Anyway, the point. My Mom is great. Seems every time I leave for more than one night she uses it as an excuse to stop over to my apartment and clean and decorate as if it's her own. It makes her happy, so my only rule is that if it's not in the trash, don't throw it away. AND -- don't fold my clothes. Ima big girl.
So last time on my return from Buffalo I walked in to see a little lit up Christmas tree. Cute.
This time when she brought me back from the airport I came in to see the Christmas tree down ( yeahhh, I still had it up in Marchhh... haaaa. Oops! ) and these two white gems at my island;





! How cute! (this is the cleanest my island has been in a weeeek!) She said she's been looking for stools to put there ever since I moved in. I, on the other hand, always had in my head that I was going to be moving -- But she's right, I'm not within the next 3 months, and when I do, I'm taking these with me and getting a tall table. She got them from the Estee Lauder makeup stands in Macy's. They're super comfortable.
I want to paint them and do so much to them, but right now they look so right. White at the white island, brown at the brown kitchen table. Maybe it will come to me after scouring design books on what I should do.
Early birthday present. I smile every time I think of it. Mostly cause it was so nice.
And everything looks so much brighter without that tree! (haahah)




I love them.
I love her.
Loved my trip.
Love that I'm back.
But seriously, what does a girl have to do for a little bit of sunshine?
I feel like I have these gray clouds on a leash. They're just following me wherever I go.




Oh yeah.





Happy St Patrick's Day. I hate this one almost as much as Valentine's Day.
Drunken tool bags.
And here I am drinking a green margarita in the underground mall. Hoping to be more drunk than the other people there.
Didn't succeed. Maybe today I will!

No comments: