Friday, April 10, 2009

Cookies and rainboots.

Almost a month ago while out to dinner with my parents I mentioned "All I want for my birthday are GIRLSCOUT COOKIES."
That was fact.


As of late I've been feeling awkwardly chubby. Only right smack dab in my middle. A lot of things have factored into this. Obvious things, stress, and with extended family being in town, slight overeating on occasions.


May I mention, I have the best father in the world. Last week as I was leaving home he handed me a large cardboard box and said "This was your birthday present. Tired of it sitting here!"
Four boxes of girlscout cookies.
Four different kinds.
Four kinds that I asked for.
Hug and kiss goodbye and I'm off. Once home.. All four boxes get opened. I like to have options. And variety.
If anyone has checked out the nutrition facts on the side of a girlscout cookie box, you'll know where I'm going with this.


Perhaps this little big of extra tub is attributed to thin mints, tagalongs and the newest dulce de leche cookie. So good.
I even considered, with it being Easter and all, that perhaps I was partaking in the second immaculate conception, but no. It's girlscout cookies.
I hid the boxes. I hope I forget about them until I have a miserable day and the only thing that will cheer me up is a father's thoughtful, fattening, birthday gift.


I feel like I've been listening to the Posies, Mason Proper, and Nirvana non-stop lately.
Tonight my cousin and I may venture into the city. I want to show her around a little. I love her. I hope it doesn't rain all night. If it does... I think it's the perfect time for some GALOSHES. That's a great word...

No comments: