Thursday, April 30, 2009

Good brains.

Growing up it was always Sunday dinner at Gramma's. No exception.
Every Sunday was something really fantastic.
But 2 all time favorites; Chicken soup and artichokes.


Not canned artichoke hearts mixed into something. Legit artichokes cooked and eaten as is. You eat the meat off the leaves then you eat the heart. Strangely satisfying. Tried my hand at it.
Cut the stems off. Loosened up the artichoke a little by rolling it around. Put a few garlic cloves throughout. A lot of parsley, some olive oil and salt and peppered it.
Stood em up in boiling/simmering water for (unfortuately) two hours.
Came out almost exactly how I remembered.
The point --- I think I ate part of something that I was not supposed to eat because I've got this crazy pinching in my throat. Just one spot. Ever since last night.
OH WELL! Still good!

No comments: