Wednesday, January 14, 2009

YES.

Allow me to "in short" this.


PETA, in order to make people more compassionate towards fish and fish rights, has decided to brand them not as fish, but as sea kittens.




Hmm.. I dunno PETA, I'm not really fallin for this whole... fish in a kittens costume thing. From what I can remember, my fish were the only pets that I could NOT dress up. Also, I'm not sure people are eating goldfish? (unless it's in cracker form!) And if you want to give fish RIGHTS.. maybe you should..... protest against fish in little bags at the carnivals. Those suckers are mistreated more so than the ones caught out in the deep blue, grilled up and served on my plate.

Not to mention, Kurt Cobain told me that it's okay to eat fish because they don't have any feelings.


Read more on the PETA genius idea here.



Moving on.


Removing cats to protect birds backfires on island.


BANGKOK, Thailand – It seemed like a good idea at the time: Remove all the feral cats from a famous Australian island to save the native seabirds.

But the decision to eradicate the felines from Macquarie island allowed the rabbit population to explode and, in turn, destroy much of its fragile vegetation that birds depend on for cover, researchers said Tuesday.



Nuff said. I want them all to stick out their little hands and smack them. Leave it. Alone. Or, take out HALF of the feral cats. How do you remove ALL of on species from an area? And where did you put them all?

"The unintended consequences of the cat-removal project show the dangers of meddling with an ecosystem — even with the best of intentions, the study said."

Cat-removal project.
It does sound like a really fun and good idea. I'd like to have a Cat-removal project in my neighborhood and collect all the strays, skin them, and put them on fish so they look cuter.
Cats eat fish! No child is going to fall for it, PETA. Cats will not eat other cats. Nor will they think the fish is a cat just because it has a nice outfit on.

(READ MORE OF CAT-REMOVAL FAIL HERE)


To top of January 14, 2009;
My love, David Grohl, is celebrating his birthday.





I feel like that too!
And the lucky boy, Ian, gets to share in all of this birthday glory.
Tomorrow marks just as special of a day!

No comments: